Sunday 10 June 2018

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP along with my final part of college and my course/time here!
 This was a really nice idea as it allowed us to put our last creative spin on the year as we needed to produce some banners to go along side out table when presenting our work. With a template made we then got to adapt our banners to our own styles, adding in images and captions of work we have produced throughout the two years here.
 I think this showcase was a really good way of ending the year, not only for us students creating the work and reflecting on it, but also the up and coming students/ those int heir first year at college in a similar course! I spoke to a couple of people in their first year and they all seemed very interested in my sketchbook work along with my online work, I think it was inspiring for them to reflect upon as it gives them ideas and inspiration to continue with their study! In addition to this it was really nice for parents to see the work we have done all combined into one evening!

 The apex hotel was a really good location in my opinion because it is only a short walk from college and almost separates the two, I would feel as though having it in college would make the evening have a whole different 'vibe' - a more school, parents evening type thing which I personally wouldn't like. 








 When reflecting on the work I presented I decided to use a mixture of fop work, sketches and photographs in order to capture the audience and show the range of skills I have picked up since being here at college and the type of things you are able to create. 
Overall I would say this showcase was successful in all areas, inspiring others whilst pushing us to get over the last hurdle of college before we all leave for uni or work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...