Monday 16 April 2018

Packaging Designs Questionnaire.

Mock ups
 In the post seen previously I had created some mock up / potential design ideas for my brand. Before continuing with the production of the eye palette and foundation, I decided to create a questionnaire to send out to my demographic to get their opinions on the packaging (colours, images etc). This would allow me to one last time change my packaging so that it can be the most appealing to women ages 18-25. Below I have inserted some screenshots of the types of questions I asked, along with some more examples that I produced.




The reason I decided to produce this questionnaire as opposed to a focus group was that I would be able to gather some more opinions and reach further with a questionnaire rather than a certain group of people who may be influenced by one another. The questions I have asked are also very specific, I didn't want to be too vague with them because I am still going to produce products that look like this, give or take a couple of features. I think when you get too vague people are more inclined to answer with a vague response too, so by specifying the question I hope to get specific & useful responses back too.
 Much like my initial response I will send this off on my Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook, aiming to get around the same number of responses as the first one (32) as this will be enough to get my designs perfect, with the heavy influence of the target market. Once I have received all the responses and can present my findings clearly I can then finalise my designs. Whilst waiting for the responses I am still able to produce my other products' packaging, as it is only small things that would be changed on the product (such as the background colour and images) all things that are easily changed in a layer in photoshop. 

Reflection
 Once I have received my results and presented them, I can continue my work with the poster and website. I need to work on my advertisement section next and how I would 'sell' my product if it were a real brand. This will be done through a website and poster as mentioned, however I need to look into things such as how I will lay it out on the website, and what will be on the poster to attract customers to the products. I am of course heavily relying on visuals of the products and having them set up as if they were real. I think a slight disadvantage I didn't expect to come across with this project was the printing of the products. As I reflect on my time scale plans I have allowed time for printing, this was before getting my quotes on the cost of the whole process. I think that if I physically had the products printed with the foils and effects it would look much better and realistic as opposed to a digital image. Despite this I have had to get over that, I will now need to focus on making my digital products as realistic looking as possible in order to make my poster as effective as possible when printed.



4 comments:

  1. The perfect donut box is flexible. If you're a professional bakery owner, donut packaging is a good way to make your products stand out. Donut Boxes These boxes can be customized to fit any donut flavor and can display the quality of the donuts. They can be designed to be as attractive as possible and have custom die cut windows. In addition to being affordable, donut boxes can increase the value of your product. You can find great solutions for your donut packaging needs at a donut manufacturer or wholesaler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. http://61efa65ed305c.site123.me/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever the type of business you have, you can purchase every type of boxes even the i need packaging for my product by contact with the Sky Group of Companies that is UK based enterprises and have been working for ten years.


    ReplyDelete

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...