Monday 2 April 2018

Mood boards - Colour Palette.

Colour Palette
 When creating some mood boards I knew I wanted to produce one based off of existing products, one colour palette and at least one of different styles of packaging. Firstly I decided to go onto Pinterest and look up colour palettes and inspirations for my FMP. I compiled a variety of different images, all inspired by the theme and direction in which I want to take my FMP. I put all of these images together in photoshop and produced the screenshot below: 


 As you can see there is a large variety of images in the collage, the reason for this being that when creating my colour palette I didn't just want a colour wheel of different blocks of colour, I wanted to show why I am inspired to use this colour, how it can look when effectively done and also these images above can be inspired when I produce my digital advertisement poster. For my poster I want to make a mock-up photoshoot (if able to have products professionally printed) or do it all digitally using my own images and sketches. I want to make it look like a mini campaign for my three products, using plants, chrome, dusty pink and hints of blue and rose gold throughout.

 Once I had produced this online I decided to print i out along with a couple of other images and make a visual collage in my sketchbook, using some gold ink and blue watercolour as my background as seen below:


  Producing this in my sketchbook was good because it allows me to experiment with placement of images and colouring. It visually shows the direction I want my FMP to go in, so that when I later produce sketches and other things you can look back to that page and see the inspirations behind my work. Colour palettes are really important in a project, specifically for me producing a makeup collection and packaging advertisements. From my questionnaire results (here), 11 out of 30 people said the colour palette of makeup packaging was the most important, along with minimalistic designs. After producing this secondary research on the type of aesthetic I aim to achieve it has inspired my designs for my makeup products and it's packaging. To reflect on this work I think this was crucial to complete because it shows the foundation in regards to designing and where I am creatively coming from. I think to build on this work and improve myself I can show my findings in sketches and show more of my progress creatively in my sketchbook.

Things I will apply from this to my final product...
  • The colour palette I chose will reflect the collage above, I am certain now the theme and overall aesthetic that should be reflected in my final products and marketing advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...