Monday 19 March 2018

Questionnaire Results.

Makeup Collection
As briefly discussed in my weekly reflective blog post (here) I had produced a questionnaire to aim at females ages 18-25 regarding their personal use of makeup and opinions on makeup. The reason for this being that I was able to gather some initial feedback and answers from those in my demographic, and it also meant that before I started sketching potential ideas for products, I would look at the brands and packaging they prefer, along with the most popular products and price rangers, as all of this will influence my packaging! Below I constructed an infographic displaying my results (higher quality here)



Once I had produced my questionnaire I sent it off on my snapchat story along with a post on Facebook that got starred by a blogger, giving me even more responses. I gathered a total of 30 responses before creating my infographic as I wanted a large variety of responses and thought that is a solid number to begin with. I received 42 views on snapchat over a 24 hour period, this is something I haven't done before as the last FMP I did I kept it on FaceBook and didn't experiment with social media outlets and using them to my advantage! 


 The type of questions I asked on my survey were those to gather information that would later help my development of the project. For example I needed to know the brands people like, so that I can specifically look into their packaging and advertisement techniques. In addition to this I looked into price ranges, again this will help me when it comes to packaging, for example those wanting to spend little will need more minimalistic packaging in order to keep costs down, but those willing to spend slightly more means I can add more colours, effects and really make the packaging pop. This initial survey was really useful for me, I can now produce collages in photoshop and in my sketchbook of existing packaging, along with beginning my sketches and advertisement techniques. Before I start my designs however, I will research into advertising techniques online and printed, this will help me as I can look at existing YouTube banners for example, and see what makes them effective!

 With my infographic displaying my results in a more visual fashion, I also made a spreadsheet that gave my questionnaire results in a more uniformed fashion as seen below of here for higher quality:



Something I couldn't go into much detail on in my infographic due to space was the brands people selected as their favourites. Much to my surprise people submitted a lot of 'other' options ranging from NYX, KIKO, ELF, Avon to Estee Lauder & Makeup Revolution. The most popular brand was MAC, the least popular being NARS, this will all inspire my work. 

Things I will apply from this to my final product...
  • I need to keep my packaging minimalistic, and also need to really take into consideration the colour palette I chose to go with as these were the two most popular results.
  • Prices should differ between cheap - mid end, I need to find a place in the middle for when I finally advertise my final products on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...