Monday 5 March 2018

Ideas.

Ideas
 As the FMP has begun I've been exploring things I could possibly do, to better myself from the last final major project but also keep it reasonable and interesting from my point of view. As time was approaching for the brief to be set and released I knew I wanted to 'create a product and market it'. An idea I have had for a little while as I am interested in creating products / packaging and also the marketing side of businesses. Creating posters and new products having new features such as augmented reality has been something that makes me want to begin working.
 So baring this in mind I creating some 'initial ideas' where I explored products I could create that have meaning to me, and also the ways in which I would be able to do it. Below are my sketchbook scanned ideas that explore three ideas as well as a collage including images and potential colour themes:



The image above explores my first and second idea, the first being my strongest and the one in fact I ended up sticking with. Despite being confident with my first idea we needed to explore some other options or possible ideas to do, however they are all vaguely related and are also quite text heavy, there are some illustrations on idea two however the exposure on the scan does not show these.
 I also decided to add my Time Scale dates that I created for my FMP presentation, ensuring to allow two weeks before the due date for extra time and allowance for work to be caught up etc.




 This next picture shows (left) a collage of the possible products I could re design/ re package / produce my project on. I decided to do this as it visually shows what I am speaking about so that those not knowing the products can see what I mean.
 Next to it (right) is my third idea, I decided to lay this out as a mind map as opposed to a 'tree/list' like the previous idea. This focussed on rebranding a product and its packaging / meaning. For example I sketched a Cadburys Dairy Milk but made the packaging very colourful and creative (unfortunately doesn't show up on scan) and I also experimented with the idea of involving a charity or way or creating the product without something like animal testing etc.

 By producing these three potential ideas it allows me to think and expand my ideas and creativity, even if I don't necessarily use all of them, I could incorporate certain aspects from each idea. I wanted to keep them on the same path of design / marketing / product design because that is something I would be passionate about. So once I had produced three ideas I decided to print some example of existing makeup collaborations to show what I mean visually. Below I tried to get a large variety of brands and collaborations, for example brands with brands, celebrities, social media influencers and more. This is a small portion of my secondary research, I more so wanted to do it to see the products out there and show those what I mean by a collection of makeup with interesting packaging and ways of advertising.





I decided to go with my first idea where I produce a collection of makeup and market it online using a website, posters and more. I want to explore the different packaging opportunities and create a collection that reflects me but also reflects what the target audience aesthetically and practically like, and regularly purchase. I didn't add too much information regarding augmented reality in my sketchbook because this was something I later discussed with my lecturer which can be read here.

 Now I have produced the three ideas and created a presentation showing my reasoning, audience, time scale, materials needed and more I am able to continue on to assignment two where I can begin my research and experiment with the types of ways I research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...