Tuesday 1 May 2018

YouTube Advertisement Banner.

Banner
 Since the beginning of FMP I knew I wanted to create a YouTube banner advert as part of my marketing for my products. As production for this FMP lasted longer than I had anticipated I decided that including secondary research for youtube banners would be best off in a separate blog post that I produced a while back (here) so that this post can curly be for the creation process and final outcome.

 When researching the sizes for my banner I decided to look into the monetising for content. This showed a variety of different banners and ads that were available to create along with information about them which was really helpful1. When looking into banners I needed to think about the type I wanted to create (for example I didn't want a moving image advertisement) and also how it would be viewed. As you can see in the screen shot only certain banners are seen on desktops, whilst some are on mobile and Tv's for example. The type of banner I wanted to produce from he start was an 'Overlay Ad'. This would be seen on the video as a banner you need to exit rather than having one on the side of the video.


 So what I decided to do was open up Photoshop and create a document the correct size (or as close to it!) in order to begin creating my banner. The adverts banners I decided to create are in fact only able to be viewed on a desktop computer.


     
Step 1



Step 2



Step 3



After I had looked at layers and positioning within my given space I decided to open up another document and experiment with added one of the images from the photoshoot as seen below:



 This was interesting to experiment with, I added multiple of layers just to see how colours and textures go together so it is a very busy example to show! I didn't like using the images in the end so decided to stick to the more simplistic advert as show above. However saying that I still decided to experiment just so that I can 'trial and error' different designs and layout to get the best one to suit my brand and products I am advertising!






In the example above I have used an image and place my products round it, along with advertising the '10% discount' in order to entice my target market. I have also included to 'shop now' text, although in the image you won't of course see it but if it were placed on YouTube it would be a link that opens a new tab / window leading you directly to the website!

 Conclusion
To conclude my youtube advertisement banner I would say that it was a very simple and fast piece of work to do as of course it needs to just be a simple engaging advert to try and attract my demographic to my products. I keep to the same aesthetic and images that were used in my products production as well as my website, keeping everything connected.








































1: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2467968?hl=en-GB

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...