Thursday 26 April 2018

Photoshoot BTS & Experimentation.

Images
 This blog post will be showing the process of my photoshoot which I decided to do and add to my list of things to complete. I initially wanted to do a shoot before I realised that purchasing and printing my products would cost too much, so I then began to complete the rest of my work, however when putting together my website I realised I wanted to photographs. I have briefly discussed why I chose to do this shoot in particular in a previous blog post. So I ordered the smoke bomb and headed out to the Longleat area to do my shoot. My model wore a white t-shirt with some red simple writing on it, this went really well with the colour of the smoke and also keeps it nice and simple for the images for my website promoting the makeup and over all vibe of my brand. I have inserted two inspirational pictures for my shoot curtesy of Pinterest and some example images I took before the editing process.
Pinterest

Pinterest













For me this photoshoot was really fun and also was a way to aesthetically represent the fun, free and confident side to my brand. I had taken inspiration of many photographers and read a lot of blog posts discussing the ways in which this is done successfully (i.e not set fire to a forest!). I messed around with the ISO on my camera as I aimed to get to the forest around sunset (7:30-8pm) because I wanted that kind of lighting as you can see in the last photo I inserted. These will look really effective when edited and added to my website, because this way I will have a mixture of my digital products and actual images I had taken, both of which represent the brand and products I aim to sell. 
 When editing these images I will use Lightroom and Photoshop. Some of the images I will keep as they are after minor tweaking, however I want to experiment with layering like my last year's FMP so that I can try and incorporate some holographic effects.  
 Initially I opened up Lightroom and began tweaking, however I wasn't getting the full effect I was after, what I decided to do was open up VSCO the editing app and use this for my photos. This is also what happened for a lot of my photography last year, I ended up resorting to this app because it gave me exactly the effect and overall vibe I was aiming for! As you can see below I chose one image and effects that completely change the photo:
 Things such as exposure, contrast, highlights and more are also adjustable so t's just an easier lightroom! I decided to edit all my photos I had chosen (17), this way I have a large variety to chose from when it comes to the website as I will only need a few!



 As you can see in the images above I experimented with layers and clipping masks yet again in order to try and incorporate some doodles/ holo into my photographs. In my opinion they aren't bad, my preference is the dotty look, however it didn't give me the overall aesthetic I wanted to achieve so will continue to look for inspiration and continue with experimentation in another blog to follow...

1 comment:

  1. You have done some interesting shots with coloured smoke. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...