Wednesday 21 September 2016

Making A Silent Film.

My Silent Film



In todays lesson we created a short silent film, basing them off Charlie Chaplin and the style in which is used when those silent films were created. We made sure to pay particular attention to the style and conventions of the silent film genre, these points included ensuring that the film was static i.e lack of movement in the shots. As well as this key point I ensured to put the film in a black and white filter, this meant that I was adhering to the classic silent films by removing the colour.
     It was important to use physically visible humour to convey emotions as there was no audio/dialogue, otherwise known as slapstick comedy.



         


      Today was the first day for me to have used a camera to shoot a short film as well as edit it to fit a certain brief / overall style using Adobe Premiere and overall I thought it went okay. Initially getting used to new camera equipment and editing software can be difficult but despite this I was able to know how to use Adobe Premiere and enough features on the application to put together the film.
     In regards to the actual content of the film I feel like next time I would like to make the video slightly longer and have more substance and content, this would make editing it together slightly harder in the aspect to ensure it fits and works well together, but easier to watch the final outcome as it would flow better and have more meaning as well as this it would draw in a wider audience.

       Another thing I would like to improve on for next time is editing the footage together, as previously mentioned this was my first time using Adobe Premier so next time I would aspire to be more comfortable and confident with the software and extend my knowledge in order to create an overall better film.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...