Monday 5 December 2016

Animated Characters.

Creations

 In today's lesson we were given the task to create a new character (human, pet) in anticipation to later animate them in Adobe Animate. I wanted to create an animal/ thing that is out of the ordinary, consequently created the monster below I did this using photoshop.
   I gave 'Cecilia' the colours of deep teal and brown hair, this was because the character is 'classified' as a monster, however not a scary one (colours red might convey evil...) so I decided to go for blue, green tones and brown hair to keep it neutral. Some have said it reflects a 'Monsters Inc' vibe, which is good as that film contains monsters that are friendly (we see a different side to them). My monster has her arms behind her back, showing she is fairly relaxed and content, below you can see the different point of views of my monster, starting off with the initial sketch, then to a more simple, easier version to animate later on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...