Monday 30 January 2017

Burn Out Project.

Castles In The Air

 For our Moving Image we have been set a brief to create a short film in which is based upon the fact the world is in need of a formula to save it due to global warming, melting ice caps, etc. I decided to call my short film Castles In The Air (meaning daydreams) as my whole film is based upon the fact a scientist thinks he finds the correct formula, however he wakes up and it is all a dream. He aspires to be the best at his job, working long hours and getting little sleep, consequently causing him to have dreams and reality merge to become one.
  So far in my brief I have done -for example- the treatment , mind map, recce and more. All links to completed work (T1.2) is on the brief.

     After creating an idea and producing the treatment, story board, script etc I carried out some research. I researched 3 directors and the styles in which they use in their films that make them successful and unique. This was important to do in order to know what works, what doesn't and how I can incorporate their visions and styles into my film and make it my own. I produced a separate blog post as opposed to Google Doc for this, which can be found here.


   When it came to the practical side of things, I needed to conduct a risk assessment as part of pre-production. Here I included any risks and hazards I may come across when filming (turned out to be not that many as locations were specific and small in number). In addition to this I assessed any potential risks and hazards and how to prevent them, this can be found here



No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...