Thursday 26 January 2017

Re-Shoot, Re-Dub, Re-Cut.

Podcast 

  Last term I created a podcast regarding celebrity 'gossip' and news at the time. For this project I intend to produce this further and improve it, by doing a follow up story and adding an interview. By adding an interview it gives the podcast depth and it also is a good update for me to do.
  Although by adding an interview it will give my podcast depth and interest I am not able to access the people in which I reported on. To over come this I will need to add a local story, so that I am able to interview a member of the public and add this to my podcast. In my previous podcast I was able to include a couple of stories as well as quotes, I also added some music to the beginning and playing in the background which I really liked, I will do this again. 
  In regards to other things in which I could add to my podcast I could add more visual things, for example videos and images of the subject in which I am discussing. This makes it interesting as you are able to view what the podcast is discussing. 

   In the back of the podcast I could use more relevant audio, for example when discussing ' I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' I could use the theme tune in the background, this will make it more relevant. This will be adding small, but vital changes to the podcast. The audio in which I used in the background can then be used at the opening song and at the end, this will give it more structure.


http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15043594.__39_Encouraging__39__update_given_on_Trowbridge_campus_project/ 

  
     The article above is the news article in which I will briefly describe, then get a member of the public to give their opinion on the fact. It discusses the funding that has been given for a new primary care unit in Trowbridge. It also talks about how the chairman of the Trowbridge Area Board Campus appreciates the encouraging work however thinks indoor leisure facilities need to be created.

Production

 After devising a plan of how I would improve my work from the previous brief I went on to create my podcast. I created a new script I would go by, this included celebrity news, local news, and an interview, giving it more depth and interest compared to the last one I produced.
  I recorded my podcast using an audio recorder with the microphone it comes with as opposed to attaching a microphone. In the last podcast I recorded using a hand held microphone and kept the same distance away when I spoke, the audio came out with good quality and levels that I was happy with. Despite this I decided to use the built in mic to see the difference and personally I cannot notice a difference. I took multiple takes of me saying my script so that when it came to editing I had plenty of options in case I needed too, this was useful and I will do this if I create another podcast.

    After I had recorded my podcast, including interview, I went on to edit it in Adobe Premiere. I needed to find some soundtracks to go in the background, in my last podcast I used the same piece of audio ( from YouTube Library) throughout the whole thing. Therefore this time I wanted to change it up a bit, therefore I downloaded a new track to run alongside me speaking, however I also downloaded the ' Im a celebrity get me out of here' theme tune to go in the background of that particular segment. It makes it more interesting and lively in my opinion!

I came across a few issues by holding the audio recorder by hand, for example when I introduced the interview I over came it by adjusting the audio gain. I set it higher where my voice sounded quieter and was also able to slightly lower it in the parts where I sounded a little loud. Not only did I adjust my voice, I also had to make the backing track a lot quieter so it was comfortably playing in the background and so my voice was the main focus.











No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...