Tuesday 9 May 2017

Progression Part 3.

Final Stages

 As the deadline approached I was on schedule and happy with my work. I was able to complete the individual assignments within the given time frame and to a quality I think is good. So after I had uploaded all my files to InDesign from Photoshop and I had my final product, it was time to send it to print. As discussed a few blog posts ago, I uploaded that version of my magazine to Issuu.com and produced a questionnaire to further push my product and abilities within this project. I then collected the results and reviewed them here
 
 So after I had done all the reviews on my digital version that was possible and I had amended anything I wanted to, I sent it to print. I used the website Mixam.uk as after doing all my research (prior to any production) this was the best option for things such as the print itself (amount to order, paper type, delivery etc) compared to the other sites. To do this I needed to upload my PDF documentations to their site and order them.


This is what the site looks like and how it was to upload them!


 This was one of the key points to the project as I decided on having my magazine printed as opposed to an online version, as discussed in my research. However despite this I did upload a version online, purely for access for those to view to answer my questionnaire!

Here you can see all the specifics and points in which I selected for my magazine : 

  
 I was really happy with the options this site had to offer, as I knew I wanted an uncoated paper, but that was sometimes difficult to find that wasn't really expensive, or needed a large number of copies to be printed.

 This is the final progression post in which I will create as from here I will just need to gather some constructive criticism when my physical copy arrives, and then do my evaluation! In this project I have been able to learn things, both within the publishing industry and within applications such as Lightroom, Photoshop and InDesign. It has enabled me to become even more familiar with the applications, whilst really enjoying the project and work I complete. In regards to the industry to be more specific, the FMP has allowed me to complete a number of tasks that have broadened my horizons to the media industry, more so than ever before. With the work I have complete and feedback gathered, I have been able to compile a list of things that I can improve on (for next year and further education/career). 

  My peer assessment / evaluation will be more in depth in the final evaluation I will produce, however briefly I think I have succeeded in this project. This being that I am happy with the amount of research I produced, experimentation (with images,fonts,applications, layouts and more), the production and critical side of things. The one thing I want to go more in depth with is self critique. This is something I am really focussing on for my final evaluation, as it's easy to gather feedback and opinions from others but it is also really important to be able to highlight things from the point of view of the creator. It will enable me to pick out the things I like, don't like, could do better next time and more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...