Thursday 11 May 2017

Self Evaluation.

Self Evaluation

 As briefly discussed in my evaluation (here) I have learnt a number of things through the whole FMP process, including experience in the whole process (the magazine / publishing industry) as well as experience in applications such as Photoshop, InDesign and Lightroom. I have done a number of things that I would change or alter next time I complete a project like this.
 Next time I would like to create a large product. Perhaps have more pages in my magazine and add a poster or advertisement. This way it can reach the audience on a much larger scale than it would currently by only having printed magazines. In addition to this it would also mean I could experiment with different styles, for example images and text better for larger products such as posters.
 As I become more familiar and use Adobe softwares more, I will be able to produce content to a much higher quality. In order to achieve this I can look at tutorials (like I did for this project, but in more depth) as I want to become better at using InDesign. This application in particular as I don't know how to use it fully yet and it would come in handy to know how to confidently create projects on it.
 I was happy with the photographs and editing in which I produced, however there is of course room for improvement. Next time I want to explore outside the studio and alter the camera settings (like I briefly did in my test shoot with the camera shutter speed).

 In regards to the brief we are given, I managed to fulfil all the individual assignments by the deadline. I think this is important as time management is something that should be superior when given a project, so that you have time to plan everything. I feel like I could have added more time for the pre production and less for actual production as the production and photoshoot only took me one day, this is interesting for when I look back on my Project Proposal as I had anticipated the production would take longer.

 To conclude, I believe the project was a personal success in regards to learning new techniques, softwares and information. It has allowed me to produce something using a mixture of my research and influencers, and original ideas. The use of the studio, lighting and equipment along with applications of Adobe were al interesting to learn to use the way I want to achieve the results I wanted, however I can see a lot of room for improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...