Thursday 11 May 2017

Peer Evaluation.

Peer Feedback

 After receiving my printed magazines I decided to do a little focus group (as I had previously collected a lot of data from Google Forms) to gather some extra feedback that would essentially add to my evaluation of what I could be better at.
 The feedback I received was very positive, the one negative I noticed was to do with the layout of titles. For my 'May Trends' someone didn't like that the 'trends' went down the side of the page as opposed to across the centre. I decided to do this to make it more aesthetically pleasing and mix it up from having an ordinary title across the upper/ centre of a double page. I think it adds more character and allows my images to blend better than being so 'organised' on the page, as this was something in which I had done on the previous pages.
 Another thing I gathered was that people wanted more variety when it came to the images themselves, which I agree with. As discussed in previous blog posts, I got my model to bring around 5 changes of clothes to mix it up, however when it came to editing and picking out the final images, the ones that worked for me and the aesthetic I was aiming to achieve seemed to be very similar. Saying this however the model is pictured wearing different clothing and there is a variety of colours and editing techniques, however that is coming form my point of view where I have been looking and working out /planning these images, therefore I will of course see a large difference in them. This is really useful feedback to take on board as it not only means get more variety of images, but it allows me to open and expand my ides, outside of the studio. Next time I would like to do a mixture, photographs from inside and outside the studio, just to add some more interest and appeal to my target market/audience.

 Something I did notice was a lot of people liked the images where they crossed over, where red/blue lighting was used and the shutter speed was adjusted. This is interesting as it is one of the images which alone, don't look fantastic, however once layered and the opacity altered it really changes the image. This means that if I were to go for a similar aesthetic I would experiment further with the shutter speed in the photoshoot itself, then further when it came to editing it together.

 Overall my peer feedback was useful and a success. I decided to only add the major points in this post as I have gone more into depth in my last questionnaire results post. This discussing the points in which I can improve on and can clearly see for next time I make a project like this. I hope to vary my images and editing, and continue to experiment with things such as layout and size!

1 comment:

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...