Monday 11 September 2017

Kendall Research.

Secondary Research

 In terms of Kendall Jenner I wanted to go more into her brand and what she's previously worked with as the brand such as Topshop and her collaboration with Kylie and their Pacsun collection. These both having the target audience I want to reach and would give me inspiration and ideas as to what Kendall wears and likes creating, so that I can make sure the product I create is something that she would actually wear.
Back when her and Kylie did collection with Topshop, it ranged from tops to dresses and were very summer inspired. By looking at the items they are also very American weather- based, in my opinion, as it's a summer collection, and British summers aren't stereotypically 'shorts and t-shirt weather'. This is something to take into consideration because I still want to keep the British sense to Cath Kidston, by creating the coat etc. It is also slightly ironic as floral prints are associated with summer clothing and accessories, but as mentioned British summers tend to be quite dull, so by introducing an American influencer to promote and rebrand the company it would also draw in a different audience, not age, but the demographic and location in which the audience would come from.

 The Pacsun collection in which Kendall and Kylie produced feature a number of floral prints, and the target audience for that is also teens / people in their 20's. This fits perfectly as I could have chosen someone to promote the rebrand that doesn't have any link to that particular fashion, i.e floral prints. 

 The target audience for both of these collaborations are the same that I am aiming to grasp as well in my Cath Kidston rebrand, what I can gather from both of these collaborations is that Kendall not only models but designs clothes for other brands for the same target audience I had in mind, meaning she is appropriate for the role in different senses. Shops such as topshop are primarily young women who want to wear the latest trends, and will wear what celebrities wear and make popular.

The Mashup

In order to show a good mix between the brand Cath Kidston and Kendall, I decided to gather some images of Kendall wearing 'casual' clothing (in which will be the inspiration and general 'usage' of the collection) and mashed it up with some of the Cath Kinston products in which she could have used with the outfit, similar to what she has, what what would be a good alternative!





I chose these images in particular as a very key theme in Kendall's casual wear is band tee's , leather jackets, and relaxed, effortless fashion. My idea to produce a bag and jacket (and perhaps an accessory) would mirror her casual style and undertones she wears, however with a Cath Kinston twist, so adding some floral and accent colours to brighten up a typically dark outfit. Kendall's colour palette seems to be very dark, much like some pieces in the Disney x Cath Kinston collection, so in that sense it doesn't 'worry' me as it wouldn't be a typical colour palette for the brand, as it has been done before - and successfully!







No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...