Thursday 21 September 2017

Concepts For display Board.

Layout & Fonts

For the display board we were told to create a font/ a way of arranging the quote " It doesn't get easier, you just get better". Initially I created a way of arranging my letters so that there was some form of 3D element. For inspiration I looked at Craig and Karl, their colours and 3D visuals is what made me want to do something similar.



Below is my initial design of lettering :



 I initially liked the way it flowed and thought that visually it could look good on a board, so as a group we went round to everyone's computer and looked at their designs. Upon review to my own design, I realised that I wasn't too happy with my colour scheme and I thought that when looking at other's work they really included student life into their designs.
 As a class we then chose 3 of the concepts we liked most, those were Brandon's - with the shapes and colours he incorporated,


Oscar's- with the idea of having photographs behind the lettering





 and finally Angel- using her idea of having train tickets and things related to students. 




 Next we were split into pairs and were each given a board, this is where Lola and I needed to merge all of the concepts together to created our own display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...