Wednesday 3 January 2018

LJ Hugs - Menu.

Redesigned Menu
 The final visual I wanted to create was a menu that would advertise the food and prices, as currently there is no menu to go around. I decided to produce this because by having a hand out of the menu floating around Bath, for example some handed out in Bath College etc, people would be more inclined to look at the menu and prices and head on over. Interestingly enough when having a group discussion in college, the majority of people aged 17-20 said that when browsing for food / restaurants the price list was very important. Therefore by doing this it gives people an idea of what LJ sells and the price, from there they can visit the shack and indulge into the atmosphere more inclined to buy something as they know the price ranges beforehand.

First attempt and experimentation with font and layout:




this was my finished product, I included the sauces along the side and included sides, main meals and more along with prices. I was happy with the outcome as I like the background showing the food and also the yellow box as this has been a consistent feature in the project for me.





If I were to re do this and redesign the menu I would want to add some fonts that included hand writing in some form, because although I tried in the 1st menu I couldn't find a consistent way of keeping the font the same and thought it looked to unprofessional, this is why I opted for a more easy to read and basic font. 
 I think by adding some drawings into the menu would also add some uniqueness and appeal so would like to have that, however I like how it turned out and think it does the job effectively.



Example of potential sketches that could be added to menus 



No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...