Tuesday 4 October 2016

Visualising Data.


Visualising Data


In todays lesson we were given pieces of data in which we were to interpret and create our own idea as to how to represent data. I chose to use figures, one representing a student asking for an early pass, and one being a teacher. For the background I decided to have it look like an outline of a clipboard in order to make it blend in with the classroom idea.
     This was created in Adobe Illustrator, changing the stroke, fill colours etc. With the data I was given I didn't want to create a pie chart I wanted to be creative, as seeing as the data was collected off students and involves leaving lessons early I incorporated the environment of a classroom.




I decided to create an image instead of use a pie chart because it draws your attention in more than a pie chart would, in my opinion. However reflecting on this data I would like to have filled the background more and used the whole A4 size, however I made this smaller than A4 therefore when printed out onto A4 paper it does not have the effect I initially desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...