Saturday 8 October 2016

Poster Design.


Second Poster Design

After carrying out primary research on already existing film posters and analysing them, I discovered that the vast majority of them included a powerful image, followed by the title. We then created a poster in a previous lesson using Adobe Photoshop, allowing us to use images off the internet in order to create our poster after we had carried out the primary research. So in this lesson we were set the task to take all of our own images and start the poster from scratch. Picking a different film ( Tree Of Life) I had the idea to have one big tree as the main eye- catching image, followed by a title and production details as my first poster only included the title. I wanted to keep the poster quite dark and mysterious looking being that the film was philosophical and has a sense of mystery to it when I researched the already existing posers.

  In respect to font, I wanted to find a simple font that had little detail to it so it did not distract from the image, I decided on 'Pierpont Bold' for both the title and the director / writer that is situated at the bottom of the poster.
   When analysing my poster I initially wanted to find a tree that was as wide as the one I did find, however slightly taller so that there was not as much blank / empty space, because of time limitations and the fact we were in the middle of Bath I did not find the ideal tree I was searching for, so I had to compromise with what I had. I did this by altering the background so that it was not just plain black, I made it similar to the previous poster I created which was by adding noise and multiple effects ( described in blog linked above).




No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...