Friday 3 February 2017

Design Ideas.


Ideas

After generating ideas based upon my individual fashion style I was able to create a brand of my own. I first started out by decided that in my look book I would have a t-shirt and hoodie, black and white as this would allow me to photoshop my branding on, and also would be nice and simple to portray my brand in a look book. After I had decided this I came up with the name 'Sterling' meaning very high standard. I liked this name as the meaning behind it meant quality, and high standards which is something I look for in clothing brands and brands in general. After this I sketched out some ways of wiring this, I wanted to stick with a 'calligraphy' type font as I really like the aesthetic of this.
The sketches show me going through the process of how I want it to look, I also decided to add some very subtle imagery to it as I felt it was very plain and simple without this. I therefore wanted to add an arrow, or a star somewhere. 


Development

After deciding my final font ( coming from DaFont) I was able to download this and open it up in photoshop. After this I wrote out my name and added in the arrow situated at the bottom, now I was able to change the colours. When deciding on colours I wanted something simplistic, either a nice subtle sky blue, or baby pink, maybe with a bit of copper to it. I wanted these colours as they would go nicely on black and white garments and wouldn't be too 'outrageous'. Below is some screen shots of my attempts, changing the colours of the outline of the wiring, along with the arrow etc.



Once I had successfully chosen my fonts, colours and general aesthetic I opened up some templates of t-shirts and hoodies into photoshop to test what they would look like, results are shown below:



    After creating these I now know I want to use a black hoodie and white t-shirt, for the black hoodie I intend to use white with baby pink colours for the font and arrow, and for the white t-shirt I will most likely use the same. I have done a variety of different designs of where the logo would go, I like the simplicity of the 'S' so I will have this on the back of my garments ( First image, second row) and then I am torn between having the logo across the chest or just to one side. I think once the photoshoot has been done I will play around with the placement of the logo and see what suits best as I cannot tell right away which will look more aesthetically pleasing.



Next once I had my ideas down I was almost ready for the photoshoot. Before hand I wanted to come up with a rough layout of what my look book will eventually entail and look like, so I created an 8 page spread of where I wanted the images to go. This not only give me a good idea about layout but it allowed me to know how many images I would need to take for my book. This was created on Adobe  Illustrate.





No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...