Wednesday 1 February 2017

Idea Generator.

Inspiration

 Our new task is to produce a Look Book and have it printed by the end of the 5 week course, so to start off we looked at our own inspirations. To come up with my fashion inspirations I took to Instagram to find individuals who's style I look up to, or just generally like. For inspiration I mainly look at my friends and what they wear, as well as people such as Eleanor Calder, and general models that you see, either in shops or online (asos for example).
   Personally I don't like items that 'stand' out too much, I like simplistic and comfortable clothing. When thinking about my own style, inspirations and pathway to how I dress I am able to apply this to a brand that I would produce. For example I wouldn't be able to produce a clothing company / line that included really 'different' and perhaps 'eye popping' items as that is not the style I aesthetically am drawn too.



Brand

After looking at my own personal style and inspirations we later went on to look at personality traits, and this in which you would want to be associated with a brand. My list consisted of Sweet, Sarcastic , Friendly , Lazy and Humorous. From there I took the word friendly and branched out in to multiple other words I associate with that description. I used the word friendly because a brand in which is deemed to be friendly, often is reliable etc.



These are the words I would want a brand to reflect, these are key elements to a successful business as people often reach for comforting shops with nice familiar items. I consequently took this all into consideration when coming up with a brand and 2/3 items of my own. 
   I plan to incorporate these words with my brand, both for the logo and items of clothing as I feel that best reflects and represents me as an individual and therefore would be something I would be comfortable doing, as well as enjoy.





After analysing my own style and brand I put together a mood board on photoshop that incorporated images that relate to me and my style and personality.  This reflects me as a person and I can consequently build from this mood board to produce my own brand. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...