Wednesday 6 December 2017

LJ Hugs - Reward Stamp Card.

Cards
 When it came to producing some visuals for this work I decided to start with the reward card scheme, the reason for this being that when it came to producing the content for his instagram I would be able to add this into the advertising section. I wanted to create a points card / reward system for LJ because in order to interact and appeal to the younger generation in the demographic I felt there needed to be some interaction. By having a stamp card that eventually gives you a free meal, students can look forward to something and eventually will be saving themselves money, which would attract more students.

 Currently LJ has a stamp card, however this is not well advertised and is only showed in the corner of a picture when selling seasoning! I want this card to be more of a reason for the younger demographic to go, so I want to create one that is aesthetically pleasing and also does the job. I want to have 10 stamps on it, initially I was going to have it where you received your 10 stamps after buying 10 meals and the 11th meal would be free, however i did some research and looked at the loyalty cards I have and found that actually it might be more interesting and more rewarding to change it up a little bit. Below are some images of cards I have, showing how I wanted to initially have mine, and also a good alternative:




 By separating the 10 stamps and having different rewards I thought it would be more rewarding, especially to the younger generation, but also the older! This way there is something to look forward too sooner. So I started sketching some ideas out, firstly experimenting with colour and keeping it more simplistic.



 From the very beginning I wanted the 'stamp spaces' to be crowns , this way it would link in to LJ's logo and also make it look more unique as opposed the other cards which are typically square or round. In regards to colour I wanted to choose colours that were easy on the eye, but also stood out without distracting from the card. The yellow / mustard colour came from his website when you hover over the titles as they change to this colour!
LJ's
However upon studying this I found it is very boring, doesn't tell you much about the business or LJ himself and therefore wouldn't reflect him or his business very well. Next I wanted to incorporate an image from his website and also some more hand drawn things, so add the originality to it. This next card went through a lot of adjustments, trial and error and experimentation!


The front of the card would look like this, the hand writing with his logo and an image of the food! I also quite like the 'messy' looking border I put around it as this gives a visual aesthetic that is interesting and not typically rectangular and average! It may also show a children friendly vibe as it could reflect it in the way in which it had been designed.






 In regards to this design I really like the layout of it, however if I had to change it and perfect it I would want the text to stand out more as it currently looks very busy and more hard on the eye than easy! Overall I really like the crown idea for the stamps as well as including the image from his site. I think in terms of practicality and use, the idea of having 5 stamps and being rewarded a free side, then 10 stamps rewarding you with a free meal would be really effective and good, for both LJ and his customers. I have also printed out and put together some mock versions of these that are located in my sketch book. 

1 comment:

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...