Monday 28 November 2016

Symbols & Instances.

 Symbols and Instances

 A symbol is a graphic button or movie clip that you create once so that you can re use it and modify it throughout your documents. When I created my new symbol ( the penguin ) I dragged it into the timeline and began to create and insert key frames within that layer to create semi-moving ( an attempt at) penguins. I was able to alter the size of the penguins and make them slightly move on the ice. I only create a small animation gif as I am still getting used to symbols and instances within the library.




You insert a new symbol into your timeline, then draw the symbol of your choice (penguin) and this will appear in your library, from there you can drag it into your layer and begin the animation.













Here is a screen shot of when I inserted the penguin, the screen shot below shows when I altered the width and height slightly of the penguin, showing that you can alter symbols to how you want them to look.









The finished gif.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...