Thursday 17 November 2016

Podcast Research & Analysis.

Entertainment News Research

    In my research today I found some examples of podcasts and news articles on Youtube as well as BBC Entertainment, I focused mainly on the entertainment segments as I intend to produce a 90 podcast discussing the entertainment news. After listening to these examples I am able to gather information such as the audio they use in the background and if they add any other audio, such as the person that they're talking about. 
   
      


    My first example differs to my second example because the first one shows one person discussing the issue whilst incorporating different visuals and videos from other places( pre recorded). At the beginning of the clip they play footage of Kendall Jenner being interviewed on a TV show giving her brief opinion on the matter, in the background of this plays their 'theme tune' which plays during the entire video, apart from again near the end of the video when they show the same interview from the beginning.
   This style of news is informative and it also gives examples of what they are disguising throughout (quotes, photos...) so it is not just a podcast with audio, this is a good example of what I would like to take inspiration from in regards to the content, however I will not include any footage in my end result.


                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38015418



    On the other hand I have attached a link to a BBC Entertainment article. This is a podcast that was on radio, in consists of a live phone call, this is more of an interview in which consists of two people, one being the interviewer and the other being Gary Barlow finding out how much someone payed for  Take That to play a private show, all proceeds going to the charity Children In Need. This style isn't something I will use as I am not interviewing someone, however the fact that it is a podcast that doesn't consist of any images of videos is where I will take inspiration from.
   The interviewer is based in a studio whilst the caller will be in a location, there is quiet music playing in the background ( like a jingle ) so it is not entirely silent.



Legal Music / Audio



  • Creative Commons


  • Royalty Free


  • Fair Use


  There are three main different ways to gather audio and music, however there are certain restricitons regarding copyright, so there are different ways you can download music.
 Creative Commons is a non-profit organisation that has drafted a set of free and voluntary copyright licenses that may be used by any creator for their content. These can be taken from websites such as SoundCloud as shown below.



Royalty Free Music refers to a type of music licensing that allows the purchaser to pay for the music license only once but to use the music for as long as desired. For example the website linked below lists multiple types of royalty free music and sfx that you can purchase and use in our videos.

  http://www.premiumbeat.com/artists/hartley


   Lastly Fair Use music is music that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring the permission for the rights holders. For example using music for education purposes (in a classroom to teach etc) would be fair use of the music, as opposed to using it in the cinema illegally.

Podcast...

After researching podcasts and similar projects I gathered some entertainment news I wanted to use in the podcast, this information coming from websites such as The Sun. In addition to this I also created a script I would use when recording, this would allow me to keep to the point and deliver the information more effectively. My podcast is non-fiction and delivers true events and news, so taking this into consideration I then needed to gather some audio that I wanted to use in the background of my recording. My 'target audience' would be those of the younger generation perhaps, I decided to find some 'pop' music from the YouTube Audio Library. This allowed me to download the audio to use in the background without any copyright problems as discussed above. By choosing pop music it correlates to the podcast itself, the music would be associated with the intended audience this is why I chose it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...