Wednesday 8 March 2017

Initial FMP Ideas.

FMP



For my FMP (Digital Publishing) I want to create a small magazine that is very visual. I am going to look at existing famous magazine covers and layouts and then put my own spin on them. Paper magazine came to mind first as I remember it for its famous front covers. I have inserted two examples below, one with Lucy Hale, because I like the experimentation with lighting , then the Austin Mahone cover.


Secondly I think of Vogue magazine. Upon doing some simple research I noticed that the older, more iconic covers seem to have less text, compared to the issues in recent times that are packed with text on top of a powerful image. This was useful for me to recognise at such an early stage of my FMP as when I begin to plan and build my idea I will have examples of simplistic, or busy / chaotic covers, both of which are successful and still aesthetically pleasing.   



                                                                                   


In regards to my own magazine and twist, as mentioned before I want to make it very visual, containing a few written articles. I want it to be based on fashion/makeup experimentation, and I want to particularly do some shoots (maybe even test shots) experimenting with colour and lighting. For example with the Paper cover with Lucy Hale, and the image below.
 Then on the contrary to this I also like really raw images using the outside elements.




No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...