Tuesday 7 March 2017

Logos.


Self branding.

In today's lesson we explored self branding and logos. Initially we were given the task to think of our 'Biggest Strengths' , 'Passions' and what makes us 'Unique'. From these words we were able to establish and see our brand and who we are as an individual. From here we then had to sum up our brand in six words, this seemed very simple, but was hard to put into words ' Aspirational to inspire and be positive' was what I came up with.

  Later we went on to sketch out ideas for a logo to represent ourselves / our brand. Starting with one rule in which was to not lift the pencil off the page, have one continuous line. My sketches (ass seen below) started off with my initial, partly because I liked the simplicity of it, easy to remember and also gave a wide range of changes that I would be able to do.
Initial sketches.

Digital Creations.

 After using sketch books, we were then able to use the computers ( I used Adobe Illustrate) to create a logo using only the font 'Helvetica'. Although at first I thought this would be difficult, however after realising how many variations of Helvetica that were available, I soon adjusted and was able to create a very simplistic logo using the given fonts.
  I played around with adding my surname, rotating the 'A', making the stroke thicker/thinner etc. In one design I also used the spiral tool, adding a gradient too it so it almost fades, I really liked the aesthetic and final product it gave, it is very build able and I like that.
 Underneath the logos I also played around with some of the shape tools. I kept the fill on gradient and created a circle with the initial 'A' inside, using only curved lines. I didn't like the outcome, however it was important for me to explore and experiment, as it then gave me confirmation that if I had a brand I would want the logo to be more 'font based' as opposed to 'image based'


Digital Logos

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...