Wednesday 15 March 2017

Project Research & Development.

Primary And Secondary Research

  In order for me to develop my project successfully I must execute both primary and secondary research. So far in my project I have done some minor secondary research to produce my mind maps. This consisted of gathering images from google as well as finding bloggers in the fashion industry, supporting websites, photographers and more. This is essential for my FMP as I need to be aware of the existing market that I am aiming to enter. 

 Primary

I will produce a questionnaire using Google Form, asking a number of questions related to magazines, giving me a clear idea of what content I should include. This is a good way of reaching my target audience as I can easily create, and share with peers via Facebook, subsequently receiving anonymous information in which I will later analyse.



Secondary

 For my secondary research I will mainly use the internet. This is my most useful resources as I can quickly trace any magazine covers I want, I can research bloggers, websites and more. I also want to ensure to research bloggers, as although I am creating a printed magazine, the content in which is included in blogs will be useful. Social media will also be a key element to my secondary research, looking for inspiration from brands, influencers and more, to keep building and expanding my project to the best I can.


  By conducting this research I am able to broaden my knowledge in the magazine industry, enabling me to decipher the type of 'vibe' and content in which I want to create. To support my idea of creating a magazine I need to take into account a lot of things, including how mine will be different, what it will look like, the layout, the text and content, the font, the target audience and more. These are all things I am able to research and look at existing ones to give me inspiration and knowledge. This is very important in order to allow my idea to progress and develop as this project goes on, this is all my individual work, fuelled by me, therefore I want to take everything I can think of into consideration, then either blog about it, mind map it and more in order to show my personal development, as well as the development of my project as a whole. By frequently blogging and showing my ideas develop and expand I can use everything I have learned and put it into my final project, to make the best magazine that I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...