Tuesday 25 April 2017

Digital.

Online presence

 Going back to the blog post where I discussed and evaluated the results of my primary research (here) one of the first questions I asked was 'What format do you read magazines in?' this resulted in a 50/50 as the two options were 'Digital or Print'. As shown in the previous blog post, I have decided to publish my magazine online for viewing as well as print the physical copies. This was a way for me to not only gather results for a questionnaire in a much simpler way, but also to please my target audience whom prefer reading things online!
 After my research I discovered that every fashion/photography magazine had links to social media too. What I consequently decided to do was run an Instagram account dedicated to my magazine! This way it reaches my target audience with the physical copy and digital. I decided to create an Instagram account as opposed to Facebook or Twitter because I like that my magazine is mainly photographs and that is the path in which I enjoy, therefore by using Instagram I am able to post a few photographs showing my magazine for those who will not have a physical copy. 



Thoughts
 At this point in the FMP I believe I am on track and I am happy with the progress I have made. I have taken into consideration all of my research and it has influenced my product itself as well as the delivery of it. Of course I still need to print my magazine and gather more feedback and reviews on it, however by publishing it online it allows a wider audience to easily view it on a compute or smart phone. By also creating the Instagram account it shows I have revised my research and taken the information on board in order to reach out to my audience. So far I decided to just post the three pictures as shown in the screenshot above, as it gives you the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...