Monday 24 April 2017

Editing Progression.

Editing Progression

 In regards to editing my magazine together, I decided to ensure I had chosen all my images and edited them. As previously discussed I then went onto Photoshop and opened up an A3 document, separating the page down the centre and adding different rules and marks to show me the middle of the page etc. This was really helpful as it gave me good guidelines and sense of scale when creating things such as titles etc. 
 Initially I had difficulty selecting images as some, for example, have a really strong yellow source of light, others with really intense blue, the the natural and yellow/white lights. I found it easier to separate them into colours, that way I could try and distribute them evenly so I have a good mix of them all. As my front cover and contents page used pictures with very intense blue/purple lighting, I then found it hard to make the next pages look right and 'in place'. So I decided to use the 'picker' and select a colour with hints of purple and blue, thinking that I could use this as a constant background colour so that everything will link together, however when I did my First Print Trial I realised that it looked unprofessional and the wrong direction. So after seeing this I wanted to edit all the pages again, this time with a white background and more structure to it. So to do this I filled the background with white, as it initially was, then adding some shapes and altering the opacity, placing them behind text and images etc. I also wanted to leave a larger boarder than I had initially planned. 
 Another problem that occurred to me was that because I took a large majority of the photos on a tripod, the orientation makes it difficult for me to place them where I want, without them being cut off at vital parts in the crease of the double pages for example. So because of this I may need to alter my flat lay plan and have the images cross over each other, which isn't a problem just something I need to rectify.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...