Monday 3 April 2017

Experiment Reflection.

Review so far

 So far in my project I have created a spread sheet in which contains every piece of work that I want to produce. This has enabled me to stick to a schedule firstly, as this is paramount when producing a project like this. I found out I was able to do a large portion of the pre production fairly easily, but first I produced some mind maps showing visually how I want my product to look like. It included a variety of inspirations, possibilities, colour themes and more. From doing this I was able to really specify the types of things I look for in magazines, and what from that I want to apply to my own work. From these initial small ideas I was then able to produce primary and secondary research to build and expand my idea further. This consisted of producing a questionnaire for peers to complete, the questions ranged from content, to purchases, as this would give me a good over all opinion of magazines and what my target audience prefer. I wrote more in depth about it in this blog post!

  After creating experiments such as Fonts, Editing and Test Shoots I have acquired a lot of knowledge and experience through the whole process. I researched a lot of inspiration pictures to use as a guide, and in addition to this I looked on youtube to find out how to produce text in which looks like 'neon tube lights'. This was research as well as experimentation as I wanted to find out the different ways to edit images to get the best out of them. In my test shot blog posts I inserted the finished edited pictures without using Photoshop, this was because in my editing experiments I only used photoshop, so therefore wanted some variety and decided to use Lightroom. This was an application I had not yet properly used, however I found it simple enough to work and bring out certain colours to enhance the images. These experiments were all useful for knowledge and research to add to my project, it shows the thought process and growth throughout as time has gone one. 

 By undertaking these experiments I hoped to achieve to produce the aesthetic with images I want to use. I wanted to explore the different types of font available and possible that would best fit my vision for my magazine too, which was why I thought it was useful to create a mood board of all the fonts I liked. From these experiments I was able to decide the font I will use, the way in which I will edit my images and the layout of my magazine. I briefly created a mock cover and contents page to allow me to look at what space I have to work with and how I want to place the images in comparison to text. My thoughts through the experimentation research process were that I think it was successful. I set out to discover and try new things that I can apply to my final product and that is what I completed. Research has played a massive part in the process as it has allowed my to take my small idea and grow it, adapting it to things a lot the way, such as the outcome of certain experiments, and the reality of creating the magazine with the resources, time frame etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...