Saturday 15 April 2017

Progression.

Time Management 

 At the very beginning of this task I produced two separate spread sheets in which separated every piece of work I wanted to complete in order to fulfil the brief, along side with the assessment deadlines. By doing so it enabled me to stay on track and help me in regards to the blogs specifically. After checking these spreadsheets it reminded me to be constantly evaluating my work and how far it has come! As assessing and reviewing is such a massive part of this project I have ensured that after every test and experiment I explained what was good, useful, what I will take from it, what wasn't so good and more. This way it gave a good summary to look back on, it showed how far I have come in terms of creativity and the production of my magazine.
 I found that I happily stuck to my pre production plan and could fill that in on time, I also have had all the assessments completed before the due dates as personally, that then allows me an extra few days to go over the work I completed and make it the best it can be! The production for my final major project has just been completed, as I thought by doing the photoshoot on the last few days of term before easter, it would give me the time and space to edit the pictures, write my articles and do anything extra I wanted to do. As I had completed all the assignments (1&2) prior to the shoot it also meant that I was well on schedule.

 I think my performance, personally, has been well documented, both within these blogs and my screen cast in which shows the collection of work I have created for the individual assignments. To be better I could have done some more 'progression posts' as I feel my blog lacks of them. I have on the other hand ensured - as said before- to always summarise, compare and discuss the outcome of everything I have done, however in regards to time management and discussing dates this wasn't something I focused on largely. 
 With the work in which I have produced I am very happy with the outcome of it all. My research in particular is something that kept expanding, as I discussed and explained my hopes for the magazine, it led me onto different websites and magazines to view, this really opened my eyes to the industry and the amount of work that is put in. I produced a lot more research that I had initially planned to do as I found this was necessary (personally) and luckily it has all come into use. The most useful secondary research I did was researching layout and looking at the issue.com website, this being that they have such a large variety of magazines I was able to find magazines that had the type of layout and aesthetic I want to achieve and it really helped me to produce my layout, which of course further helps me decided the types of images in which I will use!
 The most useful primary research I did was the questionnaire, this being because I was able to get genuine responses from my target audience that told me the content I should include, of course consequently driving my project to the correct direction for my age demographic. When I gathered the results it came clear to me that the majority of those who answered we female, this is something I have not yet wrote about in great depth because I believe my magazine can be unisex. I am not 'labelling' my magazine to specifically be for females or males, as the content can apply to all who like fashion. 

 To conclude, I believe that so far in my FMP by creating my own separate spreadsheet to the master brief that was provided, I was able to write in detail the things I want to do and the things I think will make my product better. I think for every individual the spreadsheets will look different, which is why it is interesting to produce one as it pushes you further to create more content. Upon reviewing my own blog I intend to 'update' you more as to how i think I am getting on in regards to the schedule and my personal progress, however for the individual and more specific review, they will be within the blog posts themselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...