Tuesday 7 November 2017

Publishing Product- Audience.

Audience
 The audience for the product I want to create will be young adults, ranging between the ages of 18-30. As mentioned in my previous blog post (here) I am going to produce a collection of phone cases, each individual designs that would be attractive to young adults.
 The reason I chose this particular age range is that when it comes to phone cases, those over a certain age aren't going to particularly shopping for a phone case, it isn't a priority to them! In this day and age everyone seems to have a smart phone, you're almost an outcast if you do not own one, therefore by choosing a product such as a phone case, you can be sure to grab the attention of teens and young adults.

 When it comes to the more specifics, I am not wanting to aim my phone cases at a specific gender, it's more just a collection for anyone! What I haven't spoken too much about is the physical designs in which will be printed on these phone cases. Now for me, when I thought about this project I thought if I could produce any phone case on a particular subject, I would want to do it on bands and musical inspirations. When doing some secondary research into the existing phone cases I saw a large market for bands and artists, some of which I thought ' if it had this' or 'if this was slightly different'. For me this would be a really interesting thing to design and market as it is a key interest of mine, so therefore by producing things I would want to buy it would keep me passionate. On the other hand, this isn't about me. So I need to undertake some primary research into what bands and artists listen too, what they would want to buy themselves, and that way I would be able to produce a number of cases that the audience I have chosen to aim at would be interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...