Thursday 30 November 2017

Typography - Secondary Research.

MoodBoard
 For my secondary research I decided to compile different types of neon lights ( including
 fonts and colours). This was a useful process as we needed to view the different colour options that were available, as well as the different ways we could manipulate and change the font of the neon lights.
 It shows a good variety of colours as well as fonts, and in my opinion the colours white stand out, however it would of course depend on the background you are working on. This is interesting as well because i can see there is a variety of different neon lights. We looked into purchasing neon tubes that we can manipulate around some screws, however looking at these lights it is clear to me that you can get them made in a certain font, which would be good for us as we intend to use Ariel.



 In addition to this I decided to look at a few ideas that involved wood and lights within the wood, therefore it would give a different perspective of how we could use the materials.




Fonts
 Next I decided I to create a few different text boxes using multiple different fonts. I decided to only experiment with a few, this reason being that by trying to produce a more complicated font would be impossible by hand, thereby sticking to the more basic and recognisable fonts we have more of a chance to produce the work good.


Colours
 Next I did some secondary research on the colours we intend to use, and we decided to stick to the more earthy tones, considering we were basing the display board on wooden pallets. Below I found an image of available colour pallets that have the same tones we could want to use:



To conclude, by producing this secondary research on fonts, colour options, existing neon lights and more it has enabled me to 







No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...