Tuesday 21 November 2017

LJ Hugs - Secondary Research [Audience]

Current Audience

After interviewing Lewis (here) and gathering some statistics on his current audience, I was able to configure some information as to where I want my project to go and who, more specifically, do I want to aim it at.
 As briefly discussed in my last post, LG actually has a large range of audience, depending on the day and time. During the week at lunch hours (tues-fri) he mentioned that his main demographic was 21+ year olds, those working in offices more specifically. Then during the weekend hours you see a lot of families coming, including young children. Lastly he did mention that during the week and the quieter hours you see couples 60+ coming to enjoy the street food. What I found interesting about these statistics was that he didn't really mention the younger side of the demographic. The youngest he mentioned was 21+, not those in college / school.

My audience aim

As social media is such a key element in todays world, specifically for the younger adults, I want to try and attract more students of a younger age so that the interaction and communication can be of a higher level on social media. In order to do this LJ would need to advertise himself more, have more offers for students, more things that they would be interested in. As I found out in my secondary research, LJ does offer a loyalty card, however this is not well advertised as I only found this through a photo where it was showing a corner of a card! What I want to do on top of improve his social media sites is try and aim to the younger demographic, students in Bath college more particularly as they are the right age and also right distance to LJ's stall and would therefor eye perfect. I can do this by bringing in a new loyalty card specifically for college students, it could have stamps on there overtime you visit and every 5 times, for example, you could receive a free side along with a sticker (something he currently has, but doesn't sell) then maybe for your 10th purchase you get a free meal. This way it would differentiate between the average loyalty card, and the student card.
 I also think he could advertise to students using his social media sites, for example overtime you follow him or post a picture of his food, you get something in return, or entered into a weekly / monthly competition to win march or free food, as what student doesn't like free t-shirts, beanies and food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP Showcase.

To complete this year (and the previous year) off we held a showcase in the Apex Hotel in Bath. This finished off the final part of my FMP a...